2 mai 2008

Still on the road... as always!

Today I had experienced one more time , English road system... 
I know it's a long week end, but as always it was traffic jam. 
I love UK, and I have spent a year in Cowes on Isle of Wight but for my point of view there is 2 problem in that country:
Trains and roads systems.
Or, we are very lucky in France to have so great roads, and on time trains.
Anyway, my feeling is that UK is loosing a lot in energy, fuel, and time because of that so poor roads network. 
How many hours lost in traffic jam ? How much extra pollution ? How much money  the country pay for that? ( Workers time lost in traffic) how much it's the extra price to carry merchandise  between big cities?
On monday I will have to drive from Southampton to Plymouth , my plan is to go on the road not too late, so I could take it easy. There is 370 kms, it should take me 5 hours... Yes 5 hours. in France it take me less of that, to do Locmariaquer / Paris ( 500kms)
Positive thing is that SUN is back!

Aucun commentaire: